Hello again,I've had a search on the forum, can't find the answer to my question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Louise Bennett

Post by Louise Bennett » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:27 pm
Hello again,

I've had a search on the forum, can't find the answer to my question. (Although, more of a rant than a question in fairness!)

We have been in an IVA with GT (Now Aperture) since 2011, so just completed year 4. One of our creditors was Premier Man catalogue, with a very small balance of £160. In 2012, we received a letter from GT stating that Sander & Kay were also lodging a claim for £195. I knew that Sander & Kay were the parent Company for Premier Man, so called and also wrote to confirm at the time, found and forwarded a statement from PM showing they were Sander & Kay and thought no more of it.

We just completed our 4 year review and I noticed when the report came through that both Premier Man and Sander & Kay were registered as creditors with differing amounts and also different references. I called Aperture again and explained that I thought these were duplications. They've investigated and confirmed that yes, these are 2 separate claims for the same thing and are now rectifying it.

Now, we're receiving chasing letters and calls from a Debt Management agency (Robinson Way) for JD Williams, for £128! JD Williams are also part of Sander & Kay! I have called Aperture and told them, also forwarding the letter to them, referring to my letter 2012.

I know mistakes can be made, but surely IVA companies are aware of the parent companies for these catalogues? I guess we'll wait for the inevitable letters for Simply Be, Jacamo and all the other associated trading styles for Sander & Kay!

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 pm
Although a total pain in the backside, situations like this are not uncommon. One department of a multi company doesn't communicate with the others and things get duplicated or passed to the wrong department. Once you have told GT and they have all the info relevant to this issue then just ignore the letters, distracting as it is it will gat sorted, just needs time.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 pm
To be fair it can be pretty hard working out trading names (look at issues on who owns what banks).

If you are getting positive help from aperture take it with both hands - a lot of people will be envious.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:58 am
It is my understanding that most of the catalogues these days like those mentioned and Marosota, Ambrose Wilson, Simply Be etc are all under the JD Williams name .... as others have said let your IVA company have all the detailsand allow them to unpick it ... you are covered by your iva and no need to worry
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Louise Bennett

Post by Louise Bennett » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:44 am
Thanks everyone for your comments. Really appreciate it [:)]. I must admit it had me a little worried, but I know now to keep an eye on it from now on. Thanks again!

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:21 pm
I'll echo the above; it's the IP's job to check the validity of submitted claims, not yours - make them handle it, it's what they're paid for.

As long as you gave a full and accurate list of creditors at the outset, you've done your part.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 am
Just send a copy of any debt comms received to your IP, scribble on it the name of the original creditor and state already in IVA with the name of the firm it is filed as in your IVA agreement, ask the IP to tell the creditor to stop contacting you - keep original yourself.

In order to stop the harassment quicker You might want to have a standard letter printed off that has the references blank and you just hand write them in and post if you get chased by any creditor within your IVA . Google shows Sample letters here

http://www.harringtonbrooks.co.uk/suppo ... te-letters

You might want to add a line that says something like proof of this debt was submitted to the IP by <original debtor> And this can be confirmed with the IP.

You have now been made aware the debt you are pursing is subject to an IVA.

Any further demands//statements with myself regarding this matter will be deemed to be harassment from a creditor who is bound by the IVA terms, even if you have acquired this debt from an original creditor. Please do not contact me again regarding this matter or I will be required to advise the appropriate regulators.

Bla bla bla have a nice day
Last edited by longslog101 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”