Advise please about declaring car obtained from NHS fleet car scheme.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Samd8322

Post by Samd8322 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:43 am
I am in my final year. I work as a nurse for the NHS and having had problems with my car, I have obtained one from the NHS fleet car scheme. I am now doing my annual review and concerned about declaring this and need some advice please about what I should do.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:59 am
It is not credit and is part of a salary sacrifice scheme.

Any payments will be reflected in a slightly lower salary but should be offset by other savings e.g. car insurance, maintenance, lower petrol costs etc.

The IVA company might gripe but stress that you have not obtained credit.

Bear in mind that if you return the car before the end of 3 years you will be liable for a fee (after the first year its 6 months payments, after the second year 3 months etc.)
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Samd8322

Post by Samd8322 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 pm
Thank you for your response.. I desperately required a car & felt that it was my only option to have reliability for the high mileage I complete. Without a car i would not be to commute to work so it is essential. So I just continued with this scheme. I have put a covering letter forward so I will await there response.  I've never missed a payment within four years. Ive been worried silly as I should have spoken to them first but I didn't think to.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:56 am
We were in the same situation.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”