I am being harassed by enforcement officers for old council tax bill included in my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Pauldd69

Post by Pauldd69 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:42 am
Hi I am in an IVA with Apature and recently found out an old council tax bill was outstanding from 2003. My IVA company said they would encorporate this within my IVA however a debt company called Rossendales continue to seen enforcement officers to my door. Despite been sent information from my IVA company. I don't answer but they leave letters. Is there anyone I can report them to as surely this is harassment? Many thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:53 am
Hi and welcome,

You need to speak to your IP company and tell them about the harassment. If this was included then they cannot chase you for it.

Do you have any paperwork confirming this?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:55 am
Their complaints procedure is found here www.rossendales.com/index.php/making-an-enquiry.

You can also complain to the Civil Enforcement Agency (information on their web site).

Additionally as you are in an IVA tell them that all correspondence must go to Apeture.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”