I have more going out than coming in.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Chrisds20

Post by Chrisds20 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 pm
I am 55 and have about 40k of debt.....some was to settle a divorce and I have a net income after tax of about 2800. My payment to loans, credit cards totals about 1600 per month leaving me 1200. My rent is 1250 and then there is shopping, gas, water, phone, etc, etc, so as you can see I have more going out than coming in. I am thinking about another loan to pay off one small loan and clear the credit cards but I really do not want to do this.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:01 pm
Hi and welcome,

You need to seek some expert advice. I would recommend speaking to a company who will give free advice initially. Speak to either Andy Davie or Vincent Bond who will point you in the right direction.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:13 pm
Welcome to the forum. You have a number of options open to you and taking professional advice now before taking on any further consolidation loans may be an opportunity to clear your debts once and for all. In five years time your debts may be cleared if an iva is an appropriate route for you. Other options exist too so have a chat with two or three companies before deciding which way to turn
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:43 pm
Welcome from myself too.

As Luluj says it's always best to talk to 2 or companies to ensure you gain impartial case specific advice.

All the best there will be a solution for you and at this stage the advice should be free.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:46 am
You appear to be insolvent as you cannot meet your contractual payments each month without incurring further credit. Seek free insolvency advice and there will be a solution for you.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Grayson.sc

Post by Grayson.sc » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:35 pm
Hi,

Just popped on the forum which is something I don't do as often as I used to and read your post. Your situation sounds very similar to mine about 3 years ago. I only wish I knew what I know now back then and I would have certainly stopped taking out loans to cover bills years ago. Don't do it and seek advice as the other posts have suggested. Good luck:-)

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:05 pm
Hi Chris An IVA may well be a good option for you. Do you have any assets - equity in your home etc?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”