I am 4 years into an IVA and have today lost my job. I'm not sure what to do.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

jeanette selam

Post by jeanette selam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 pm
I am 4 years into an IVA and have today lost my job. My DD with grant Thornton is due out on Monday but I really can't afford to let it go out. I have rung and left msg but they have not rung me back so I'm not sure what to do.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:57 pm
Hi,

Sorry to hear your news - you do need to keep trying to contact GT so they can try and sort this out for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:01 am
Be proactive.

If you can't afford the payment send a nominal amount and then agree with them what needs to happen next e.g. a payment break etc.

It may even be possible they could ask creditors to accept payments to date to end the iva.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 am
It may be too late to cancel the DD so your only option may be to take all the money out of the account and let the DD bounce. Tell GT what you have done and they can suspend payments for up to 6 six months.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:05 am
Really sorry to hear your news ..hopefully you will be able to secure new employment soon but in the mean time GT should be able to support you by offering you a payment break or reduced payments etc.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 am
Hi

Cancel your DD

Write to GT outlining your current position and ask for a payment break until you find another job. If you are not successful with a new job then ask for creditors to consider payments to date as full and final payments to conclude your IVA early

Good Luck

Regards
Andam Davies

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm
Hi so sorry to hear about your job loss. I agree with Andy - try for a payment break whilst you find a new job and worst case see if creditors will accept payments made to date in F&F settlement.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:52 pm
I too am sorry to hear that you have lost your job, do contact your IP, explain the situation and get the IVA put on hold for a while whereby giving you time to find other employment. All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”