Worried that I will be forced into a new mortgage that will put me back in debt.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Jason.ry

Post by Jason.ry » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:38 pm
Hi I wonder if someone could help. After about 6 weeks into my IVA my circumstances changed. After speaking to the IVA company we agreed a new payment and they extended it over 6 years. I have now had a letter asking me to get a valuation on my property (5th year). What is the percentage before the IVA can claim the any equity. I'm worried that they will force me into a new mortgage that will put me back in debt. Also I have claimed back around £15000 back in PPI claims which the IVA company have. What happens to this?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:43 pm
The ppi goes to your creditors.

It's almost unheard of for anyone to get a remortgage to release equity (which has to be over £5k) but some companies are pushing towards a secure loan so you need to check your agreement.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:55 pm
Hi Jason,the PPI refund will be an asset of your IVA. Even if received this will not make a difference to the contributions you need to make (unless enough is received to pay off all debts, interest and costs in full). You need to check your paperwork very carefully as your equity terms will be in your proposal terms.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”