Who are the highly recommended IVA companies?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Dave.c

Post by Dave.c » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:28 pm
Who are the highly recommended IVA companies?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:36 pm
Hi,

There are several companies that come recommended by various posters on here but you do need to speak to one or two to get some advice.

Speak to Andy Davie/Vincent Bond for some free initial advice and hopefully they can find a way forward for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:37 pm
if you trawl through my blog from post 1 it details the journey i took to choosing one and the final company i ended up with and how happy I was with them. Speak to a few of the smaller firms imho. if you get all the information together that one firm needs to asses your i&e and then save/photocopy.scan each bit and create a "my iva papers" bundle you can send that to several firms and see who offers you the best sort of deal, also look out for things like which years protocols they use (important if you have a home & mortgage) and if they charge statutory interest in the event you come into money.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:56 pm
I think it's hard to say because one person can have a good experience with a company and someone else tell a very different tale.

We went with Cleardebt and they were fantastic for us. We had several issues and ended up with a 15% reduction in payments, made reduced payments and took payment breaks. That said, we had no equity issues or ppi claims so no sticking points that others have.

If you have a partner not needing an iva, check carefully as sone take household disposable income and some take just yours ( fairest I think).

If you have equity, make 110% sure you understand how it's calculated and whether it's a loan / remortgage you are required to tak. If possible, get a writren example.

Do not pay an upfront fee, plentry of good companies do not ask.

I would recommend you call a few, if it was me I would call Michael Peoples and Andy Davie who post on here and Cleardebt.

Read some blogs, get all yourqquestions answered, 5 years is a really long time!

Use the forum no matter who you go with, I think it helped me get through!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:20 pm
I would encourage you to take advice from more than one IVA provider. It is really important to feel comfortable with the provider you choose as they need to become your 'best friends' for the time in an iva. Taking time now to decide is really important rather than jumping at the first option.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:18 pm
Hi Dave - I always recommend you go and see an IP in your local area for a free meeting. That way you get to meet a real person and decide whether you like them and think they will be right for you. Shop about!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”