We have just entered the third year of IVA, thinking about buying house currently renting.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrewdg46

Post by Andrewdg46 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:26 pm
Me and my partner have just entered the third year of joint iva and are coping well with it, we currently rent a property of a friend so are on good terms with the landlord but we're just starting to think about buying. We realize we may be a few years from that yet but I was wondering if we could work something out with our landlord is there anyway to buy the property we're currently renting but instead of rent payments they would be mortgage payments? What steps are required and how would it affect our iva?. Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:55 pm
Hi and welcome.

I would suggest that you speak to our mortgage experts, either Ryan or Shaun whose details can be found under the expert link on the left hand side of the page.

I would think that you may not be able to do it at the moment but I could be wrong.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:28 pm
Hi

Very unlikely that you will secure a mortgage whilst in an IVA, however once your IVA completes you may be able to obtain one.

Use a mortgage broker such as Shaun or Ryan who post on here

Good Luck

Regards
Andam Davies
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”