Barclays

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

dixie002

Post by dixie002 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:43 pm
Some people may recall my post in august which said although we had paid our iva up in 2012, 100% plus Stat interest and fees, we had received a letter from barclays demanding over 10k (from a debt included with our iva). After many conversations by phone, they decided it had been written off. This incensed me as it had been paid in full, which my IP confirmed to Barclays. She never received a response so we logged a full complaint with Barclays. Anyway fast forward to today and we have received a 'final response' from Barclays. They say that they have made no error, the debt was written off and they have registered that with the credit reference agencies, also that in order to remove this entry, we would still need to pay the originsl debt. As the 'payee' in our final statement shiwed that the recipient of the full balance was TTI SPC, who the internet tells me are a debt purchasing company, it would seem that Barclays sold the debt and possibly have never been notified that it had been 100% paid. Please remember that barclays have been told and been given evidence by our IP thst the debt had been paid in full, but have never acknoweledged this. This is the most frustrating and unfair situation, any thoughts?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:48 pm
You need to complain about this directly to Barclays, enclose a copy of your completion letter underlining their debt being paid off and tell them that unless they stop harassing you you will take matters further.

Failing that - let them take you to court and totally embarrass them and claim costs and compensation for distress - I know who would win!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:54 pm
Eight years after my IVA I was trying to get some info from Barclays and was told that there was ' an insolvency flag' on my account. I cant imagine any circumstance where I would do business with them again!

dixie002

Post by dixie002 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:57 pm
I have already complained, they tell me they have "fully investigated" the matter which they patently have not or they would be able to see that they had sold the debt. Further investigation should then reveal that thd debt purchasing company had been paid in full. They have logged this non-debt with experian etc, barclays say as it has been written off they will not pursue me legally. Big of them when its been paid in full

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:03 pm
Send the data controller all the info you have and tell them to remove any detrimental info from your credit record and don't pester you anymore with letters demanding payment which isn't due.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:44 pm
As Kallis has said write to the data controller - if they fail to respond, lodge the complaint through the ICO website (there is plenty of information on this) on their website (it is also free to do this )
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”