Kensington Mortgages

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Chrisd0345

Post by Chrisd0345 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 pm
Hey there people!
Has anybody on here had any dealings with Kensington Mortgages? Since 2006 i have had my mortgage with GE Money Home Lending (General Electric)I received a letter from GE on Wednesday stating that GE had sold off a large proportion of its financial Conglomerate off to Kensington, and from the 6th of November, my Mortgage will be dealt with by them under there terms & conditions along with Interest Rates!
Has anyone had any experience with them? Do i need to worry about ridiculous rates? Someone told me they were a sub-prime lender. It would just be my luck, after 3 months of finishing my IVA my mortgage payments shoot up![:(]

Thanks
Chris.
*GT/Aperture Last Payment-01/07/2015
*GT/Aperture Account Closed-13/01/2016
*GT/Aperture Completion Cert-21/01/2016

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 am
Hi - online reviews suggest that they are erratic, the rates are not the best and they have a habit of changing payment dates.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 am
Might be worth speaking to Ryan or Shaun to see if they can help you at all?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:32 am
Chrisd0345-
Please do not worry.
As they have taken over the debt, they are not able to vary the terms and conditions you originally entered.
If you are 3mths clear of completion, you should only be 9mths away of being able to move away from them and get a normal mortgage company.
Rates will not rise by much, if at all in the next 12mths, so nothing to panic about![:)]
lifenoteasy - your comments are not factual and not helpful on something like this based on a web search!
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:15 am
Ryan - I looked for both positive and negative reviews based on customer experience for the last 2 years with reviews suggesting a negative experience once a mortgage had been agreed.

I would point out that the poster had stated he had been told that his terms were being changed.

Like anything it is for people to make their own decisions about how useful they find what has been posted.

If the poster has the possibility of being able to move then great - it's a view that provides another perspective.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”