Freedom!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:41 pm
Today my completion certificate arrived! Final payment was Sept 25th (Freeman Jones, six year term!) Over the moon it's finally over and not really sure what I should do now, do I need to send it to the Credit Reference Agencies or just sit back and wait a while?
Being a six year IVA all of our defaults have disappeared but one Halifax account which is showing as settled/closed. So I think it's literally just the IVA to get removed and the three month wait for the insolvency reg?

It's been one hell of a journey and sometimes I was at my wits end but I can't describe how good today feels! [:)] so keep on keeping on people!

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:48 pm
Well done Mr M, great news. They should send it all to the creditors too, but there is nothing to stop you photocopying your files and sending a copy of the completion certificate to the insolvency service if you want. I did, I also sent a copy to each of the three credit reference agencies asking them to confirm that the default dates were all dated the date of the IVA was commenced, the fact Halifax is still on yours suggest they have a default date that is later than the date of the IVA, once corrected it should disappear, if you try and sort this now, it should hopefully be sorted by the time you drop off Insolvency register and you are then "clean". If you send a copy to the data controller at halifax and state the info held by them is incorrect please correct, here is the iva commence date (as recorded on insolvency register and a copy of the completion report that demonstrates said account was subject to the IVA) please correct default data and mark as settled/partially satisfied etc as required by law.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:51 pm
Great news!! It could take up to three months for the Insolvency Service to update their records. Hopefully you can get Halifax sorted out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:52 pm
by the way your post tittle....i couldn't help it :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XwDd9Bwdg
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:25 pm
Sit back and wait the 3 months (but keep checking in the meantime as it can come off quicker). Congratulations and best of luck for the future!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:53 pm
Thanks for all your replies.
I'm not sure what to do regarding the Halifax account what to do at all. It was a current account Inc due to overdraft. IVA start date was sept 09, so should have dropped off by now. But account is showing in closed section dated April 10. No default date as such.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:20 pm
You could write to the data controller for Halifax, explaining that the account was included in your IVA which was approved on xx Sept 2009, could they please correct the date accordingly. If they do this it should drop off your credit report immediately. If you leave it, it will drop off your credit report in April 2016
IVA Completed August 2011

Mr-Mrsear

Post by Mr-Mrsear » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:44 am
Thanks. Will get onto it today!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”