Does it really take 3 months for you to be removed from the insolvency register ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Liz.rn

Post by Liz.rn » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:07 pm
Does it really take 3 months for you to be removed from the insolvancy register?

I arrived home to find my completion certificate from credit fix... im over the moon the relief is amazing ( couldnt help worrying)

Just another question to anyone else who has recently finished, whats it like on the otherside? Am i likely to see my credit score improve? My 6 year stint was up on the 30th of october so most of the defaults have already gone. I am hoping the fact I have a mortgauge ( never missed a payment ) and am on the electrol role may help.

On a seperate note thank you all you have all help me through, when i went into the IVA i did not really understand alot, so this forum has guided me along the way xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 pm
Unfortunately it can three months to be removed.

Well done on getting that all important letter.

Check your credit score with all three agencies to make sure nothing is registered after the date of default
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:07 am
It was 3 months to the date for me, dropped off la few weeks ago at the stroke of midnight, so I think it must be a computer system that automatically does it.i did send the insolvency register proof of my completion so they updated the register to at least say complete.
Last edited by longslog101 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:41 am
My name came off the register about two weeks after I received my certificate of completion. No idea why this was so quick?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:05 am
Both mine and my husbands went after a couple of weeks but I know of people (Foggy is one of them) who had to wait the whole three months even though he told them he knew of people who had gone earlier.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:30 am
Hi, first of all well done, we got our completion certificates about 8 weeks ago, took about 2 weeks to come off insolvency register for us. Been trying to get decent rate finance for a car, havnt actually applied yet though, been looking at our credit files waiting for defaults to drop off, proberbley best to wait another few months to see if credit score improves.
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm
Congratulations Liz.rn on getting your CC, don't fret too much over the IR as it seems it is a matter of who is at the keyboard when they are informed the IVA is over, mine took 3-4 days, others have had to wait a full 3 months.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:59 pm
Is it possible to write to them to get them to chivvy things up?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:12 pm
To be honest, I wouldn't bother as it will drop off - Foggy asked them to remove his details earlier and they wouldn't.
Bob Marley.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”