Mainstream finance

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:42 am
Hi, completed our iva end of september this year, our car has done 191k and we are thinking of financing of another car, when will we beable to apply for mainstream finance to get normal aprs, not even applied yet because dont want to show search on credit file. Thanks
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:50 am
Have you checked your credit records to see if the IVA has dropped off and that there are no defaults shown?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:09 pm
yes checked credit files,, one default is dated febuary 2010,even though our iva was accepted October 2009, some defaults have dropped off, will they all dropp off anyway after 6 years,, the iva has gone to,, showing creditscore as fair atm on Equifax/ cheers
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:15 pm
That's good - hopefully you can get some mainstream finance soon!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 pm
Be honest with the dealers as they will have a variety of lenders even if you still have a default showing,that offer decent APR.

Good luck.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:39 pm
Shortly after completing our IVA, we needed to change my car. I was worried about getting finance but took a chance with CL4U (Car Loans for You). They were very good, and I informed them that I had been in an IVA. My credit files were not showing any defaults or public information about the IVA, which I think may have helped. Anyway they got me some car finance at mainstream terms through Barclay Finance. Barclaycard were one of creditors, but I understand it is a different franchise to the credit card arm of Barclays. Maybe worth giving them a shot.
IVA Completed August 2011
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”