Having completed my IVA I am trying to clean up my credit file.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:05 pm
Having completed my IVA I am trying to clean up my credit profile so have registered all my details, addresses, banks etc with Experian, Equifax and Noddle. I am now a little confused! Experian say my rating is FAIR, Equifax - GOOD and Noddle - POOR! The things which were in my IVA are all showing as defaults and are now at £0 (which weren't at first and they addressed that issue) so is it these defaults blighting the report? if so how do I get them removed? Is it advisable to get one of the recommended credit cards (obviously pay off each month to build up a credit rating again or not?)I am unsure now that I have joined these credit score agencies what I do next or how I can improve things. They also say I am not on the electoral roll which I am I just chose not to go on the public register, does that affect things? I don't appear to be on the insolvency register anymore, which is good. ( I thought that stayed on for 6 yrs). What is the way forward from all this?
Issey

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:16 pm
You need to send a copy of your completion letter to all creditors who are defaulting you and tell them to remove them.

Insolvency Register will remove you within three months of completion.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”