wifes new job

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 am
Hi folks
I'm in an IVA and my wife isn't. My IVA payments are calculated on 50% of house hold bills etc. Now Wifey will be starting a new job soon and on a much bigger salary. And she has told me that she won't be paying any of it into my IVA ( which I totally agree, it was my mess) my wife also has a few debts that she services as well. So could CF demand she pays more of the household bills and in return I pay more into my IVA ?? What's your thoughts ? Don't want to mention anything to CF !
Seems every IVA firm have there own tatics.... My IVA was setup with PJG originally and Mel stated on 50% household etc..

Thanks in advance
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 am
Congratulations to your wife and I agree with her entirely. The IVA was set up on a 50/50 split and that is the way is should remain. I would not even mention this to your IP because your wife is under no obligation to provide information and failure to do so means assumption of a 50/50 split.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:16 am
As always Michael your a superstar on this forum and put many a minds at rest.. At Review time I will put her previous jobs net on the I/E form. :-)

Thankyou again
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:22 pm
No - I would only mention it if the changes meant your disposable income reduced. In this case it didn't so your wife can do what she likes with the money. Perhaps she can be persuaded to help you with a f&f offer to settle your IVA early...?!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:29 pm
If you were still with pjg I would have had no hesitation suggesting talking it through with them.

As you are now with cf your wife has probably seen the issues being experienced and stated not to get her dragged into anything.

If materially she can contribute 50% to household bills then I'd just keep things way they are.

Only becomes an issue if she hits problems.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 pm
Exactly Lifenoteasy ! We've seen how CF have operated since they brought PJGs books... And the lesser the communication I have with them the better.

Thanks folks for your advice :-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”