Another Month 54 question!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Dodgy_Keeper

Post by Dodgy_Keeper » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm
Hello everyone - first post for a LONG time!!

Can't believe that I am close to month 54 - so close in fact that I have just sorted by redemption statement and had a valuation on the house.

It looks promising - house valued at £165k, outstanding mortgage of £138k. Using the 85% LTV it comes out at £140k. which means, even split between Mrs DK and I, that I do not have the equity.

Now for the question - do I have to go through the exercise of getting two rejection letters for remortgaging? I assume that as I have not hit the equity threshold I don't have to bother?

Thanks again. Six month to go!!

DK

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:57 pm
The fact that there is insufficient equity to release means there needs to be no attempt to do so. You would only need to try and release equity if you could raise a minimum of £5,000 which in your case is not possible even together never mind each. Send in the valuation and mortgage statement and you should receive confirmation quickly that there is nothing left to be done. Any problems and let me know.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Dodgy_Keeper

Post by Dodgy_Keeper » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:51 pm
Mr Peoples, as always you are a scholar and a gentleman!

Thanks for your help!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:22 pm
Pleasure DK.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”