Credit File & default

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

shaimoss

Post by shaimoss » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:26 am
After some advice from Zebra mortgages & in anticipation of finally receiving my C of C from DFD ( final payment 2nd Sep 2015 - 6 yrs ) I ran my current credit status through noddle & it mentions a default to Pco Holdco Sarl C/O The Insolvency Exchange dated 30/12/2009 - it looks like they bought the debt shortly after my IVA was approved ... Am I correct in thinking that this will fall off my credit file after the 30th Dec this year ( 6 years ) thanks

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:55 am
I would think this would fall off in December but I would have thought that it should have come off in September when the IVA was six years old. You could try and get them to remove it now but it might be just as easy to wait.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

shaimoss

Post by shaimoss » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 am
Hi Michael , TBH I am just going to wait until it falls off my credit file & having searched the internet it will supposedly fall off after the 6 years from default date - regardless of having been satisfied or not ..
Thanks again

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:34 pm
I have the same default showing with the same company, default date is 31st December 2009, this should go this December then my credit report is clear, only good things on there. everything else is gone and I only completed my iva end of September so cant complain,trying to work outwhy the default date is December when my iva started in October,, any ideas ??, looks like there is life after the IVA [:D]
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

shaimoss

Post by shaimoss » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:32 pm
Hi Mike,
checking through my credit history again it seems that although my IVA was approved OCT 1st 2009 MBNA sold their particular debt to Pco Holdco Sarl C/O in December ... strange really - but at least it'll come off next month .. Even though I made my last payment on Sep 1st I'm still waiting for DFD to get my C of C sorted & after much pestering they have said they have given my creditors till 28th Nov to register their claim on the dividend ) and then FINALLY I should get my certificate ( mind you they did say it could take up to 6 months !!! )

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm
It will all come right in the end, im waiting for my last default to drop off 31st december, then i hopefully can get mainstream finance for another car, fingers crossed anyway. Do any of the experts know why a default can show up at a later date than it was actually defaulted because debt was sold on, btw, good luck for the future #128512;
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

Cleo76

Post by Cleo76 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:05 pm
Hi, we had a similar problem with Barclays. We chased for months with no joy. We then took our complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and they made Barclays change the default date. They even sent us a cheque for £50 to apologise!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 pm
You were very lucky! Well done.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”