9 months into my IVA a creditor is still ringing and now sold debt. What should I do ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Aneta.77

Post by Aneta.77 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:49 pm
I am doing with Iva almost 9 months one of my creditors still ringing. Finally they sold my credit to another company and now they want I pay them. What should I do?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:57 pm
Tell them to contact your IVA supervisor and not to call you again. Once they are aware of the IVA they must cease contact so send them a copy of the Chairman's Report and if there is any more contact after that you could report them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:43 pm
Hi and welcome,

As Michael says, they cannot contact you now. Tell them this and that you will report them for harassment if they continue.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:47 pm
[:D]
Tell them you will answer all their questions on a pay per question basis; £10 per answer with a minimum of £50 per conversation, "how would you like to pay? I can accept all major credit cards, with a 3% surcharge and Visa payments without a surcharge, PayPal is also accepted." I tell you it works and they get all flustered if you just recite the payment speech a few times. Do it, have some fun at their expense and blow off some of the frustration they invoke.
[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:57 pm
The other thing is to just put the phone down, refuse to answer security questions or buy a whistle and blow it down the phone to hurt their eardrums!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 am
You are fully protected under your iva so re-direct as Michael suggests to your IP and terminate the call.

Merlin ...I like your steer lol!

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”