I'm such an idiot

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:05 pm
Hi everyone, its been quite a while since i've posted. Im not over 2 years into my IVA and all is going well, but i'm such an idiot! A few weeks ago i sold some bits on eBay so I had a little money towards Christmas for the kids. It wasnt much, £66 to be precise, and it went into my paypal account. I transferred it to my bank accoutn as I had intended to get the kids a present that weekend...but it automatically defaulted to my closed account that is under my IVA. I only use paypal rarely so it wasnt something I had noticed before and I've never had a problem. I called paypal who said it should bounce back, it didnt. I called the bank who basically said tough, its ours and unless I got a letter of no interest from my IP they were keeping it. I was distraught. Its not a fortune but i was relying on it. I called my IP (McCDuffy) and spoke to someone who was a bit off with me and didnt seem interested but she took the details and sai she would fax the letter. I felt really stupid and came off the phone crying. Ive spoke to the bank today and they havent had anything, but have told me to recontact my IP ad get them to fax me the letter so I can take it into the branch and get the money returned. Its not a huge amount of money, but it would have really helped me through christmas as I have 3 kids. Is there anything else I can do or is the money lost? I dont want to call my IP as I am frightened someone will tell me off and be a bit funny with me, just thinking about it makes me feel awful. I do suffer with terrible anxiety and this is probably making me feel worse, so any advice would be great. Thank you :-D

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:50 pm
Hi Goffy. The money cannot be held by the bank towards a pre IVA debt and you are entitled to it back. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will see what has been done to try and get your money back. Do not feel stupid and I will get what you need for the bank so drop me an email when you can. My email address is in my profile.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:49 pm
Hopefully Michael will be able to sort this for you - try not to get stressed!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:35 pm
No-one on here is an idiot!!! We are all human and make mistakes so hopefully Michael can sort this for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:42 pm
It seems the bank have been slow to release the money and even acknowledge our correspondence. I checked and we did send the fax to the bank on the 18th and we have resent it today. I hope this sorts it out quickly as we have no interest in the money but it is needed by Goffy. Fingers crossed.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm
Hoping you get that money returned very soon and are able to treat your children. I'm sure Michael is doing all he can. All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm
Easily done, I nearly did the same too. Also on a related note, I had this fret when I used to play the national lottery inline via direct debit once a week, I had bought a ticket that lasted for several weeks, the account it was bought from was one that was being closed, I dreaded winning the lottery (strange I know) and it being paid back to that account, they won't redirect it unless the win is over a certain amount, then they contact you and ask where you want it to go, otherwise a national lottery ticket paid by DD always goes back to the account it came from....
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

zee

Post by zee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:16 am
I am sure this will be resolved soon. l made an even bigger mistake by being slow to change details of where my salary was credited but thankfully McCambridge supported me and l was able to get my Salary refunded as cash and then deposited into my new account with another bank that was not one of the debtors. Don't be too cruel to yourself.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:18 am
Goffy,

Did you get this sorted ? My other half has just had someone credit an old account post IVA completion, just want to check best process to have this recovered ? Visit bank with completion certificate and ask for as cash ?
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”