Max Recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Chrisd0345

Post by Chrisd0345 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:20 pm
Hi People
I've been just going through some of my papers regarding my IVA, having a bit of a tidy up etc. Just having a look at my most recent Protocol Compliant Report down the list of creditor, most of the debts are to Max Recovery. They acquired them quite some time ago.
Two things really-
1- At the bottom it states 2 values, one is "Total Unsecured Creditors" the other is "Total S of A Creditors. What are these?

2- There are two claims both to Max Recovery that hold the same reference numbers. These reference numbers relate to an outstanding debt to Tesco Personal Finance. Why would there be 2 actively drawing from the account, both at similar values, regardless that there was only one account submitted back in 2009 for around £11000? These two references so far have claimed £18521.70!.

Chris
*GT/Aperture Last Payment-01/07/2015
*GT/Aperture Account Closed-13/01/2016
*GT/Aperture Completion Cert-21/01/2016

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 pm
Max Recovery would have bought this debt from Tesco along with a job lot of others, don't worry about it at the moment as it won't affect your IVA at all. Might want to query this with your IVA company, but it really is just a paperwork issue.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:33 pm
Max Recovery bought most of my debts and I used to get a yearly statement but other than that I had no problems.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:24 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Max Recovery bought most of my debts and I used to get a yearly statement but other than that I had no problems.
They had also bought 3 of my debts. They were one of the few to send annual statements and the first to set my debts as settled once my CC was received (without any communication from me either [8D])
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

country girl

Post by country girl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:57 pm
Some of my debts were sold to Max Recovery and their were the only ones who sent statements and also voted against 12 month extension in lieu of equity. I completed my IVA at the beginning of the year and since then have heard nothing further from them. I have also checked my credit rating for free on clearscore and nothing is registered.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 am
SOA stands for Statement of Affairs. This is the document you filled in at the beginning of your IVa and it is basically the figure you said you owed. This is what we use as a guide to check creditor claims are roughly in line with what was expected and if there is a material increase we will ask for further supporting information to ensure the claim is correct. If you think Max have made a claim twice for the same debt raise it with your IP. If one claim is rejected your creditors will receive a larger dividend between them.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”