PPI and barclays -post iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

antm

Post by antm » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:14 pm
Sorry 2 questions in one day!

You know how this things catch up with you, I worked out its been 3 and a half years since completion.

The other day Barclays sent me a letter regarding PPI I was on there books as a loan in the past etc..

Now I had 3 loans since I was 18 with Barclays 2 paid off, 1 the last one my IVA cleared it, I was always under the mindset of leave it alone ppi is what it is and why claim. Ive moved since my iva so was surprised to get a letter from Barclays asking me for details to claim.

The question is, would I actually get anything back? just file the letter in the bin?

A windfall would be great in the pot for savings for a mortgage but if its just going to drag up the past happy to leave it alone, any thoughts on this? has anyone been successful since IVA or would it be better to contact my old ip?
Last edited by antm on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4kidsnocash

Post by 4kidsnocash » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:35 pm
hi antm,
this depends on the terms at closure i believe, if there was a trust in place at closure to capture ppi or not, get in touch with your IP they will be able to tell you or look on your final report
Alas, I am dying beyond my means.
Oscar Wilde

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 am
The amounts involved can be surprisingly high so certainly worth a look. If your IP has a deed of assignment then they will likely pursue the money anyway but if not you should definitely look into it. If there was a high dividend returned to your creditors any PPI could clear the balance and leave some for you so no harm in checking things out.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

antm

Post by antm » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:16 pm
Ive gone through all of my documentation and found nothing about ppi, my iva was set up before the big ppi thing.

Ive only asked for a review of the loans prior to the one which triggered my IVA, 3 previous fully paid off loans with Barclays I haven't asked for anything within the iva so hopefully might get something back from one of those.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:40 am
There is no harm in asking for the review but be careful you do not do all the work and get nothing back. Your IP may agree to a split of some sort if they do not have a deed of assignment as without your help they may struggle to get anything back.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

antm

Post by antm » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 pm
I'm in a bit of a shock, Barclays took a percentage for what I owe as my account is still active In there recovery dept brings my total down to £10k I owe them, and they paid me £11k in compensation, I'm shocked seriously I have no idea what to do, well bank it obviously!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:29 am
Wow nice!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

antm

Post by antm » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 am
I contacted my IP in the week his admin staff where surprised to hear from me as my IVA completed back in 2012, they looked at my file, put me on hold, called me back turns out I have no agreement in place for ppi so its all mine, they did advise I could appeal against Barclays taking a chunk before paying me as it isn't in the iva arrangement, oh and on checking my account I had £35 in the iva account unclaimed so they have sent me a cheque lol couldn't make it up.

Ive been in touch with Ryans Company this week and the mortgage ball is rolling, just waiting for Equifax to correct my history as they have it down as I haven't completed my iva and then I should be on the home run for a pre-mortgage.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 am
It's nice to read such a positive post and hope the mortgage goes through ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”