Life Update

5 posts Page 1 of 1

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:30 pm
It is over 2 years since I made my last payment and lots has changed.

The IVA was a life saver for me and changed my life. My relationship with money was poor and my financial management skills non existent.

The IVA forced me to learn to manage my money carefully and stop spending money on rubbish.

I am glad to say these are skills I still use today.

So what has happened in my life?

I moved into my girlfriends house and we have not killed each other yet so that is good!

I worked hard and saved even harder to buy her a pricey engagement ring that she loves and we got engaged a few weeks ago.

At work I am now the Manager and in charge of 13 staff, with 5 more starting in the next few weeks and another 4 in the summer so hopefully my pay will keep pace!

In family life I have become an Uncle for the 7th time and a Great-Uncle twice!

So it is all good here.

To those not yet in IVA's or DMP's go for it, it beats the cycle of debt.

To those already in IVA's or DMP's hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:37 pm
How lovely to see you Luke!

So very pleased that life is going well for you and congratulations on the engagement - when is the big day?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:45 pm
Certainly is lovely to hear from you and what a lovely update. Congratulations and I'm sure your post will help and encourage others.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:40 am
Always nice to get a little update from posters. Its pleasing to hear tales of life moving on after an iva and offers encouragement to anyone looking in who is unsure of whether to seek help or not.

An iva really can change your life.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Glad to see you are still about Luke. Even better that you still hold true the education of your IVA, I am also still on the same 'frugal' path my IVA taught me. I am sure some of my friends believe I am on 50k a year! (I wish) as we don't use credit for anything and have amassed a huge savings pot in such a small amount of time from finishing the IVA. Good for you, congrats on your engagement and good luck for your future plans.
Last edited by MerlinL14 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”