Hello there please could someone help as we feel we are being treated unfairly by DFD

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 am
Hello there please could someone help...We gave been advised last December that we had paid 92p in the pound return..For calculation purposes of what we still owe is it simply the amount owed to creditors when entering into our iva divided by 100 x 92 ? This is how we have calculated but would value your opinions. The reason we ask it's is as we gave performed this calculation and we are aware that further PPI payouts which amount to more than our calculated outstanding of circa 5k plus there will be four more payments left of our iva totalling circa £3.8k yet we gave now been advised that DFD intend to speak to our creditors with a view to extending our iva by a further 12 months as we are unable to obtain equity by remortgage. We fund this difficult to accept as we undrstood that once 100 pence in the pound is achieved then the iva should be complete. Views please as iva was/is due to finish at the end of April this year. Even if figures are slightly out could we ask for a full ñ final figure rather than being force into a 7th year of misery !P'S. .The reason for 92p in the pound is that we had paid additional 40k in ppis ñ overtime during this last 6 years. We find it frustrating that DFD keep telling us we need to go a further 12 months s we cannot raise the equity originally envisaged by them totalling 18k...It seem to us that we are being treated unfairly and DFD are looking at there fees and not acting in creditors or our interests now..greedy comes to mind at least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he was robbing people.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:12 am
Contact Laura from DFD who posts here and get a complete breakdown of your receipts and payments. If you are that close your IVA may close down but there is a the danger of statutory interest being applied which would lead to an extension. If you can hit the 100p in the £ soon creditors may well waive this requirement if it is in the proposal.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am
Thank you for your advice...We had a look at our payments etc yesterday originally it was thought that we would have a return of 52p in pound by our workings including ppis it will stand at 105p by the time our payments up to and including April has been received. We have emailed alk this information and hopefully will get a response from DFD quickly...although by previous experiences that is doubtful. Hoping this will go in our favour and we can move forward debt free soon...its the not knowing that is the hard part and waiting for answers.

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 pm
Dear Blueboy

I am not sure which email address you have sent the details to but please could you send an email with all your contact information to me directly via the email address in my profile. This will allow me to discuss your issue in further depth.

Regards
Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:04 pm
Hi Laura we have emailed you this evening with the information we have. Thank you.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:48 am
Hi Hopefully Laura will sort this for you but I think it might be a duplicated post - as previously explained you will always owe 100% of the debt PLUS statutory interest at 8% per year PLUS costs in full - only if you terms differ or are varied would this be different.
Last edited by Lisa Thomas on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:09 am
Hi firstly thank you to all that have offered advice. So far we have heard nothing from DFD have emailed Customer support and Laura from DFD it's such a waiting game..m heard nothing from them.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:28 am
Write to them by recorded post.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:28 pm
I'd try emailing the IP directly.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm
Thank you although I feel we shouldn't have to do this if it's the only way to get them to look into things I will take your advice...think.its pretty disgusting that no one has even had the manners to a knowledge our emails yet alone reply. Tried phoning them yet again today and can't get through to them...Thanks again

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:52 pm
Dear Blueboy

I apologise you didn't receive a response to your email. All emails are actioned within 24 hours, can you possibly re-send this to DFDForumSupport@fairpoint.co.uk and I will ensure you receive a response or a call if you would like.

Kind Regards
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 pm
You can learn a lot from an email address.

Interesting company history and relationships between companies in the same group.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 am
Hi Laura please check.your inbox the email.has been definately been sent to you.Thank you

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:57 am
Hi further to my last post I have managed to contact. Customer support and emails have been received..its a start.Thank you

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:21 am
Hope you get it sorted.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”