We thought we had finished but payments are up and we have to pay another year. My wife is ill.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Stevedr40

Post by Stevedr40 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 am
We have been in an Iva since dec2010 no missed payments, thought we had finished in January misunderstood this equity bull they said enough equity pay another year and payments have gone up, the company is rsm tenon/ grant Thornton/ aperturei ip assigned since 2013 they have been horrendous is there anything I can do ie solicitor any help would be magic because the wife is now Ill thanks

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:15 am
Hi stevrdr40 I am also with grant thornton/aperture and I am having problems with them as well you need to call and speak to them first and explain your situation and see what they say I have to speak to them myself tomorrow.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 am
Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear about your wife - hope she gets better soon.

Who did the valuation on your house? Were you asked to do one yourself? If not then get a local estate round and see if their valuation ties in with Aperture.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 am
If it was equity release my understanding is that the payments should not have gone up.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:51 pm
Hi

Can you challenge the valuation used to calculate the equity?

Sorry to hear about your wife - if this has reduced her income then the I&E will need to be reviewed accordingly and might require a variation to accept payments to date in F&F.

I suggest you write to GT the old fashioned way with all the information, including any evidence of your wife's illness and evidence of the presumed reduction in disposable income and send it via recorded delivery.

I don't think you need to spend money on a lawyer at this stage - see what response you get in the first instance.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”