My husband will have to face unpaid leave, only car irretrievably broken down. Help !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Sally.k

Post by Sally.k » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 pm
Hi, me and my husband were about to finish out IVA in 3 months time. It has been extended due to equity in the house by 12 months. Last week our only car broke down. We took it to the garage and were told the repairs will cost around £3000. The car we bought for £3500. We have asked our IVA company if we could take a car loan up to £200 per month to buy new one. Our monthly IVA payment is now £700. It's been a week and they keep telling us the case is in a queue and we have to wait 14 days for answer. I keep telling them it is our only car and my husband works far away every day and he is not able to work without it. Till today, we have had a car borrowed from a friend, but from tomorrow he doesn't have transport. I spoke to the IVA company today and told them my husband will have to face unpaid annual leave for next week, but they still don't seem to be bothered. Shouldn't they look at every case individually? I also asked them, if they would give us allowance of £90 to hire the cheapest car for one week, so he could continue to work. But still no answer so far. We are now on the edge of nervous break down. Could you please tell us how to deal with them? Also, our payment is due tomorrow, can we hold it back till we have answer from them?

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:01 pm
Oh my, this is awful. I would personally take the £90 for this week's car hire out of your payment as if he doesn't go to work they won't get anything (is that right?).

Which company is this as they may have a representative who looks in on the forum.

Not nice to get awkward but in this instance they need to come off procedure and get you sorted. Not going to work may jeopardise his job too in some way, tell them that.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Sally.k

Post by Sally.k » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 pm
Hi, thank you for your answer. The company is NTF Financial Solutions. I think you are right, we will have to hire a car, as the company failed to look at our urgent case quicker then within 14 days, although the situation for us is so difficult. They didn't even reply to us regarding permission to hire a car and taking off £90 of this month payment. Every time we speak to different agent, who don't really emphasise with our situation and trying to finish the conversation with us ASAP. Maybe I should request to speak to a manager or supervisor... I will keep you updated. Thanks Lesley

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:17 pm
They do contribute to the board at times and I would say this sounds unusual for them.

As you are in the last 3 months I would say do what is right for you.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Enjoyingthesmallthings

Post by Enjoyingthesmallthings » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:25 pm
I went on gumtree and bought a 18 year old automatic hatchback a year ago when my car went in for long term repair for £150, that old girl is sat on the drive is still running perfect now with a full MOT, £90 is a lot for a weeks hire living on such a tight budget, and almost £400 for the month even worse.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:51 pm
I do hope you get a speedy resolution to this and thank you for keeping us updated as your experience will help someone else, all the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 am
Worst case scenario you might need a payment break whilst you get the car issue sorted, extending your IVA.

Send them a letter by recorded delivery regarding your problem and insist on an answer by return.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

NTF Financial Solutions

Post by NTF Financial Solutions » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm
Sally
We understand that this matter has now been addressed. If this is not the case please call the office and ask to speak to Racheal.
James Kaye and Nick Morgan, Insolvency Practitioners with over 30 years combined experience.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:37 pm
Hopefully this is all sorted now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”