What happens after I enrolled on a course on benefits without informing supervisor ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Davidd1045

Post by Davidd1045 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:49 pm
Hi im in last 18mnths or so of my iva, i was made unemployed in December,i had a job offer for after the xmas and filled my renewal form in with all expenses etc... that was going to be in new job, sent form back to my i.v.a company, then job fell through, so as it was close to xmas i didnt tell my iva supervisor i was unemployed, as a was confident i could find work very quickly, turns out i was wrong.2 weeks ago the job centre asked if i was interested in doing a course which will last 12 weeks, and i stand a very good chance of getting well paid work once i complete it. My question is: if i tell my Iva supervisor that im on the dole receiving benefits, will they fail my Iva automatically, because that's whats worrying me having, come so far?. Im already 1 week into course, having had to tell the dole straight away if i was interested. I know i should have informed my supervisor straight away in december, that was my first mistake. to be honest its stressing me out. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:41 pm
It all comes down to whether the iva is still viable.

You may be allowed a payment break.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:46 pm
Honest conversation with IP .. ask for a short payment break to give you chance to complete the course and find work.
Did you receive any redundancy pay ?

Great to hear the jobcentre offered you a course to improve your skills and chances .. hope its goes well
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 am
Hi - you need to speak to your Supervisor. The best option is probably given you an initial payment break whilst you get back on your feet, which will extend your IVA.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”