I'm stuck as to what to do as my relationship with partner is not stable and could easily end

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Lee.01

Post by Lee.01 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:55 am
Hi im in the middle of getting an iva and the company doing it went thru details in regards my partner. The mortgage and all household bills are in my name and pur relationship is rocky at best sue to stress deptession etc and its by no means a stable relationship its one that could just end at any point. I was instructed to log the iva as a single occupency due to how things are and everything being in my name. However the insolvency team called me and when discussing all this asked if we lived together and we might need a joint claim so im kinda stuck of what to do now. She pays for all the shopping and stuff for the car and pets etc every month answell as paying off her own monthly debts.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:12 am
Shop around and change your company.

Under the circumstances they should assume she contributed 50% to household bills rather than trying to get her to do an iva as well.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:16 am
Hi and welcome

I think you should present the IVA based on your circumstances at the moment, so joint income and expenditure, with your partner retaining their share of any disposable income

If you feel that there is a strong chance that your circumstances will change in the near future you may want to consider a debt management plan until you are as sure as you can be about your personal circumstances

Speak to several companies

Good luck
Regards
Andam Davies

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:02 pm
Hi Lee - unless you prove otherwise they will assume payments are split 50:50 between you as Andy says.

If your circumstances change then your disposable income will be reevaluated and your contributions may have to increase or decrease accordingly.

Your nominated IP should be able to explain this all to you so have a chat with them.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”