Completion delay?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

lelcol

Post by lelcol » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 am
Hi all,

I made my final payment into my IVA at the end of August last year, a month early so my official end date was the end of September.

Towards the end of last month I had had absolutely zero correspondence from Kingsgate so I sent them an email asking for an update, I got the following reply…

“Thank you for your email, your arrangement is currently going through the required completion process. My colleague Katherine is currently completing this.

We haven’t been in contact as you have completed your obligations and it is all in house.

Unfortunately I’m unable to give you a timescale, but I will request that you are kept updated throughout the remaining processes.”

Am I being unreasonable in first of all thinking that this should be done and dusted and that over 4 months is more than enough time for them to complete the process and secondly that they are unable to give me a timescale? Also with them saying that I have completed my obligations and it is all in house, shouldn’t this make it straight forward for them to complete?

Should I be looking at making a formal complaint, if so is there a letter template available anywhere?

Kind regards and thank you for any assistance,

Col

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 am
Continue to push - 6 months is the accepted standard (but that is still pushing it) and what you have received is a well meaning but meaningless reply.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:07 am
Some IPs take up to 6 months to close, which is too long in my opinion.

As LNE suggests keep the pressure on them and keep sending them e-mails or better still send them a recorded letter by post instead.

Either way 2 months should pass quickly and you will finish before you know it.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lelcol

Post by lelcol » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:29 pm
So, it is now 9 months since I made my last payment and still no completion on the horizon.

I was told that my final payment would be sent to my creditors in April, then May, then June. I dropped them an email to see if this was getting processed this month, only to get the below reply.

"At the moment I can not guarantee that the batch of final payments will be sent this month.

Our current Insolvency Practitioner has decided to leave the business and therefore we have to assign a new Insolvency Practitioner and transfer all of our cases under the new Insolvency Practitioners name.

This is currently with the courts at present and once the transfer has been completed we can then look to send the final payments."

Pathetic, I think it'll be knocking on at least a year at this rate.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:40 pm
Ip=single point of failure
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

lelcol

Post by lelcol » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:29 pm
Lisa, apologies for not thanking you for your reply, no idea how I managed to miss it!

LNE, forgive me for being a bit thick, but what does that mean?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 pm
A single point of failure is where the absence of one person etc. has a disproportionate impact.

The IP leaving will not have stopped Kingsgate taking on new business but the fact that they have not prioritised people in the completion process is worrying but not unusual.

There is still nothing stopping you complaining about the lack of action by the leaving IP to the Insolvency Service.

lelcol

Post by lelcol » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:46 pm
Thanks for that. I did send a pretty stiff email raising a formal complaint and I have just had a reply saying that it has been passed to the relevant department.

I'm not sure how that will work as a complaint goes to the IP I'm led to believe, but they don't have one.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:02 pm
Action can be taken against the ip in their own right - that's why they can be fined as individuals.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:03 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lelcol

Lisa, apologies for not thanking you for your reply, no idea how I managed to miss it!

LNE, forgive me for being a bit thick, but what does that mean?
No problem.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:26 pm
We could do with more IP's like Lisa though.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:55 pm
Unfortunately, Lisa is the only IP posting at the moment.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 pm
Yes, Lisa is a very valuable forum member and hope we can hang on to her expert knowledge.

Others have come and gone, which is a pity.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:11 pm
Not just the forum -- but the industry as a whole !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lelcol

Post by lelcol » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:33 pm
Hi all,

Well after what seems like an age, I have finally received my completion certificate this morning. So I would like to thank you all for your input and advice on this thread, it has been very much appreciated.

What should I do now? I have already written letters to Callcredit, Equifax and Experian including copies of the letter from the IP and the Notice of Completion of the Arrangement. I have also got a letter ready to send to the county court asking for my details to be removed from the Insolvency Register – I won’t be sending this until next month as the 6 years from the start of my IVA is from September 2010.

Are there any other agencies that I need to inform?

The IVA itself went okish apart from the total lack of any kind of meaningful communication from Kingsgate, who appear to be now called Vanguard.

Since I made the last payment in August 2015, I have just put the equivalent into a savings account which is building up nicely!

Once again, many many thanks for your help and support.

Col
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”