Due to complete my 60th payment in December. Am I wasting my time thinking of a mortgage ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Katie.w

Post by Katie.w » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:32 pm
I am due to complete my 60th payment in december this year and will be keen once it's done to get a mortgage. I currently have an offer of a rental property with the option to but at any point during the tenancy. The property us currently valued at £100,000. Once l am clear of my lVA l will be able to save £300 per month and £4000 per year in bonus towards a healthy deposit. However, l have heard and read various things about it being difficult to get a mortgage after an IVA and l had debt with many popular lenders. Am l wasting my time thinking about this? X

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:02 pm
Hi and welcome,

Have a word with either Shaun or Ryan our resident experts (details under the ask an expert link on the left hand side of the page)

They have been very helpful with forum members.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:56 pm
Hi and welcome. Many posters have sorted mortgages post IVA either on their own or with the help of Ryan or Shaun. You'll need to get those credit files nice and clean before applying

Good luck and I sincerely hope it all works out for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:35 am
Sounds to me that once the deposit has been gathered you would be good to go. As others have suggested Ryan and or Shaun are the people to speak to once your completion certificate has been received and your credit files clear of iva and call defaults.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:29 am
The fact that people like Ryan and Shaun are still in business despite the changes to mortgages since the credit crunch suggests that nothing is impossible.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”