Creditors did not vote because they wanted more evidence of when I stopped gambling.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:11 pm
Hi all,

I had my MOC this morning and did not hear anything back. So I called up Knightsbridge and they said that the creditors did not vote, because they wanted more evidence of when I stopped gambling ( my proposal was honest and said that overspending and gambling was apparent before my insolvency). I am not sure what to do? I am so worried, as I was open and honest and reassured it would all be ok. If I had known, I would have held off applying until I had more proof of no longer gambling. I cannot say an exact date, but I know it was before I became insolvent. I have also sent them my new bank account, showing no transactions and a letter from my old bank saying I have no longer access to it ( and therefore cannot pull my accounts up). If anyone wants to offer me any advice and/or reassurance, that will be great :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:25 pm
Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear about this but you will need to provide evidence that your gambling has stopped.

Have you sought any professional help about the gambling?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:29 pm
I had provided all I could - my new bank statements. they have closed my other accounts, and do not have access to these ( although they have not been used since before the IVA process). I have called up headlines and not used my accounts. I have also told my family everything, so I am well supported and can face it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:35 pm
That's good.

You can always go to a different company for an IVA - give Andy Davie/Vincent Bond (details under the expert link on the left hand side of the page) for some free advice and I am sure you can move forward.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:39 pm
Thank you Kallis3. But VB were the initial people I spoke to, who referred me to Knightsbridge. So I am unsure on if that would help me further. I just hope that the evidence of a couple of months will be enough.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 pm
Right - sorry about that! I do hope it will be enough.
Bob Marley.

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm
Thank you - I hope so too. Any other ideas anyone has, will be most appreciated.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am
If they haven't already your IP should be able to adjourn the meeting to allow time for other creditors to vote and perhaps chase them up. Its only 75% in value of those voting that you need approval from. If some creditors don't want to vote then try and find someone that will. That is on the assumption they haven't voted against the proposals and just chose to abstain from voting.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:10 pm
Thank you all. They voted to accept it with modifications. £200 per month for 72 months ( I expected this as debt level is very high) and to supply three months statements within the IVA, to show I am no longer gambling. A welcomed result. Thank you for your help and I will no doubt be back in touch soon. A great forum this is :)

Enjoyingthesmallthings

Post by Enjoyingthesmallthings » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm
Fabulous news Kim!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 pm
Congratulations!
Bob Marley.

watzki

Post by watzki » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 pm
Great news kim,the road to recovery starts today.Keep looking and posting on this forum,the people who are moderators and the experts have a wealth of knowledge that will hopefully guide you on your journey to debt free life.
Good luck
Today 1st of December 2016 the vultures finally flew away

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm
Great news Kim!!
Bob Marley.

Kim.m

Post by Kim.m » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:42 pm
Thank you again! I know it will be 6 long years, but I look forward to being debt free and only spend what I have. I look forward to exhanging posts with you all :)

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:12 pm
Best of luck for the future,both with the iva and with the gambling.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”