How are household bills worked out if I am the only person entering an IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Tonyd73 83

Post by Tonyd73 83 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:58 pm
I am probably needing to enter an iva but I pay some of the household bills and partner pays others, how does this work to enter an iva (for example I pay for car payments, childcare, council tax, and electric and other half pays rent), but only me entering iva

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:04 pm
Hi and welcome,

Which company are you looking at - give Andy Davie/Vincent Bond a ring for some free advice (details under the expert link on the left hand side)
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:41 am
Bills are usually totalled and pais in ratio to earning e.g. you earn twice as much as partner, you pay 2/3 of bills. You need to be careful as some companies take household income and calculate household disposable income. Give a few companies a call to see what they say.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:45 am
Some companies use the whole of the household income to calculate payments regardless of who is going into the IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:03 am
As Relieved said, expenses are usually totalled and apportioned according to the relative earnings share.

A few companies use household income to calculate the disposable income (IVA payment), which results in the non-IVA spouse contributing to the payment.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”