Should I let sleeping dogs lie ? I have heard nothing since November 2015.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Robert.41

Post by Robert.41 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:36 pm
My IVA was due to finish in November 2015. My supervisor told me:-
- she was obliged to make enquiries about a re-mortgage/secured loan to repay the remaining debt and
- at least 3 of the smaller creditors (6 in all) had not responded to a call to register their interest as creditors and, as a result, I had, in fact overpaid to the larger creditor (MBNA).
A remortgage is highly unlikely due to insufficient income and age (72).
I have heard nothing since Nov 2015; am I likely to open "a can of worms" if I start asking questions? Should I let sleeping dogs lie?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:55 pm
Tempting as it may be to let sleeping dogs lie, you really need to sort this out to get closure.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm
I agree with Foggy - if they decide the 12 month extension applies you will want to get on with this asap otherwise it will just cause more delays.

Please can you explain what you mean in that MBNA had been overpaid?

If other creditors missed the statutory claims submission deadline then they can be omitted from the dividend or the Supervisor can reserve funds for the other creditors. I cant see how either of these things would result in MBNA getting overpaid?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”