I entered into an IVA 3 months ago, and kept getting calls from a creditor

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Paul.62

Post by Paul.62 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:45 pm
i entered into an iva 3 months ago, i kept getting calls from a creditor so spoke to my IP. i was told that the company uses a third party and that the iva just hadn't filtered to the company yet. when they rang me again i told them this an was told that my debt is with them, nobody else and that i should deal with him now and i had to send them everything regarding my iva, i told him that i shouldn't be communicating with them and that my IP should be doing it. and it resulted in me putting the phone down. i have emailed my IP but never get any respomes from them. ive now sent 4 emails regarding letters and phone calls im getting but get no reply each time.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:05 pm
Hi and welcome,

They should not be contacting you at all but, you can tell them to get lost and contact your IP company.

You are totally covered so no worries.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:16 pm
If they insist on calling you ask for the name of the caller and inform him / her that you will pursue a claim of harassment if they call again.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 01, 2016 9:47 am
Tell them you are recording the calls and simply direct them to your IP.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun May 01, 2016 1:11 pm
All good advice, hopefully they'll get the message soon and stop calling you as you're protected by your IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

happy buddha

Post by happy buddha » Sun May 01, 2016 1:51 pm
It does take a few months for the calls to die down. we had santander still calling after five months as they have many different credit centres, so i threatened them with a harassment charge and they apologised and the phone stayed silent from then on. good luck
On the road to freedom
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”