My application for an IVA was rejected because I was unemployed. Can I apply again ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Keith,67

Post by Keith,67 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:04 am
Hi I have received a call from a Insolvency Practitioner regarding an IVA I have applied for and have been rejected because I was unemployed and creditors didn't like it also and asked to apply again once I was in work. Can I apply again and is there anything I can do more to get accepted by a Insolvency Practitioner?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:46 am
Take advice from more than one company. Andy Davie/Vincent Bond (details under the expert link on the left hand side of the page) can give some free advice as to what is the best solution for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:15 am
As Kallis says, I would have a chat with a couple of firms to compare advice.

Is an IVA even the right way to go ? This, of course, will depend upon your own circumstances.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:52 am
It also depends on how much your debt is and whether or not you have any assets that might be at risk if you looked at bankruptcy.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:12 pm
Bankruptcy is worth considering to draw a line under the debts but do be aware of any property you own etc., Talk to a few experts, not just one to gain some all important case specific advice personal to you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”