DFD say we have been exemplary. Now we are thoroughly fed up with their awful service.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

Taylor

Post by Taylor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:17 pm
Why is it that now DFD have our money they are not interested in us? We paid our last installment in January and they've pestered us since with email and letters requiring us to sign forms but we have no idea why we need to sign them. If we were foolish enough to do it without this knowledge, there is still no information about where they should be posted (this is one of our questions). We have emailed all their addresses we could find and responded through their own secure email service and no answer. We have also phoned more times than I care to think about, often waiting in a queue for 30, 45, 60 minutes and still no response. We have also used the "call back" service on their website, only to be cut off several times and no attempt on their part to call back again, once more back to square one. We have been exemplary in meeting our part of the contract (their own words) and we are thoroughly fed up with this awful service. Surely there is some legislation that makes this behaviour unlawful, they are impossible to communicate with!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:38 pm
Laura Harrop, who represents DFD on forum will hopefully pick up on this. However, to jump the gun, she will no doubt simply advise you to mail her at the address in her profile, which can be found here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/pop_profile. ... y&id=34351
Last edited by Foggy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

steven mills

Post by steven mills » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:51 pm
dfd are dogs robbers,i paid my iva early 29k debt,paid 37k+ to finish it,6 month later got nasty letters saying i had breached terms because i stopped my monthly payments.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:56 pm
HI Steven, was that by way of a full and final offer and variation ?

OK -- found the original posts --- at least the matter WAS sorted out and you got your completion certificate.
Last edited by Foggy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

steven mills

Post by steven mills » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:11 pm
tried to blank that period of my life out Foggy,just a quick question please,"when does the iva come off my credit file,and yes all sorted but i paid a lot of money to solicitor because i did'nt have a clue what to do when the letters started arriving.

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 am
sorry to hear people even now withDFD getting a problem with them once they are nearing the end of their IVA or have finished I too was with them I completed in 2011 and that's when the problems began no commuinaction it was just as people are experiencing now once you've paid your 5 years you are non exsistent in their eyes as you don't pay any more monthly fees. its sad to think that DFD have not improved their customer services in the last 5 years it seems ,I just kept pestering them for 18 mths to get my cc that they are still doing this is a disgrace and they and the other firms need to step up and look after their clients and do what they are paid for with the fees they take. they are quick enough to contact you when they feel you are not complying with your end of the contract.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 am
Hi,

Your IVA comes off your credit record six years after it was first agreed regardless of whether or not you paid it early.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun May 01, 2016 9:19 am
What a shame the customer care appears to drop when the IVA is concluded, IP's and their staff need to be aware this is an equally stressful time for us as when we first set out on the IVA journey and need their guidance.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 01, 2016 9:44 am
Hardly a shock that customer care falls away as soon as a company are no longer making money from you.

Its pretty standard throughout many industries.

Pity.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 01, 2016 9:52 am

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Tue May 03, 2016 6:37 pm
Hi Taylor
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 am
I hope you see this and drop Laura an email in the hope that she can assist you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Taylor

Post by Taylor » Wed May 04, 2016 8:55 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lesley_

I hope you see this and drop Laura an email in the hope that she can assist you.
Thank you so much all for your replies and reading my rant. I have emailed the DFD expert on here and also received a response! Who knew all I needed to do was complain publicly...

The response didn't actually answer any of my questions...I thought I was quite clear. But here's hoping they will respond to my new email I have sent, if only to shut me up on this site [;)]

Fingers crossed [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:54 am
Good luck!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”