Advice on payment break

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

PAGE120

Post by PAGE120 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:38 pm
Hi,

Have been on here for a while very helpful site :)

Am on my 9th payment and everything is running smoothly am needing advice on a payment break from my iva we are needing to do repairs for the car and the only way we can do this is payment break

Has anyone have experience with this

Thank u

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:12 pm
Hi and welcome,

A lot of posters (myself included) have managed a payment break for emergencies.

Please speak to your IP company and I am sure there won't be a problem.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

PAGE120

Post by PAGE120 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 pm
Hi

Thank you for your reply

I will ring them on Tuesday was nervous about asking haven't a clue why though :)

I don't want to jeopardise my iva in anyway which I know this wouldn't i was hoping I wouldnt need to do it but we are all human at the end of the day I just keep ticking the months off

Time has flown by

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:32 pm
If you need a payment break they should help you out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 am
Hi there, welcome and thank you for your kind words about the site. Glad you're finding it helpful and that your IVA is running smoothly.

Within my IVA I had a few payment breaks early on as I'm sure if it was going to go wrong it did for me in that first year. I always tried to work out how to pay a couple of pounds per month towards the arrears and put this to my IP before I asked.

Others, do add the arrears on the end, whatever works for you and here's hoping your IP allows the payment break to enable you to get the car fixed asap.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

baldy

Post by baldy » Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 pm
Hi.

We had to take a couple of payments breaks. One was 1x month, and then we took a six month break.
IVA company were pretty relaxed with it because at the end of the day they are just going to stick those months on the end of the term.

When it comes to running a car in an IVA it can be tricky I feel mainly because if the car is fairly old its going to need more than a service during the term of the IVA!! and with the budgets they set there is hardly any room to save any money up for doing repairs.
Best thing I would say is if ever you need a bit of help with any thing tricky always give your company a ring because most of the time they do try and do their best to help your situation.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Baldy.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 am
Also consider adding a regular repair contingency in your next I&E form - it's worth a shot going forward.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”