I am scared that by pursuing further action against IVA company my CC will be withheld.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Neildr4

Post by Neildr4 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:18 pm
We very recently paid our 60th and final payment scheduled in our IVA but now have to repay a further sum of money -partially due to payment holidays which I do not dispute, but also due to a number of issues with our Insolvency Practitioners.

I wholeheartedly dispute these facts and have taken the matter as far as I can with them, other than giving us £200 by way of an apology they are not prepared to negotiate further and insist that the money is paid.

I am looking for advice here - is it worth taking this matter up with an independent body, and if so, who?

As much as I do not like the idea of giving them money that I don't believe I should, I am scared that by pursuing action against them they would be in a position to withhold the completion of our IVA. We have suffered for 5 years, and have agreed a further 7 months to repay the money. Part of me thinks just paying up and starting 2017 I debt free is just easier.

Has anyone challenged similarly? What are the risks? How difficult would it be?

Any advice much appreciated

stringyAcid

Post by stringyAcid » Tue May 17, 2016 1:39 pm
Can you give the forum more detail of how the sums have been calculated and what part if that sum you consider as a mistake.
Withholding payment of funds due to the arrangement can lead it too failure. I

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 pm
Hi and welcome.

Have you asked for a breakdown on paper of how these arrears have accumulated? If so, are these the figures you disagree with?

To my mind, if they've given you £200 by way of an apology they are admitting blame for something?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”