Eversheds still defaulting me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

running99

Post by running99 » Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 pm
As per title my IVA completed over 6 months ago. Within a month all my creditors had updated my credit report correctly apart from Eversheds which are still defaulting me even now instead of showing satisfied. They voted during my arrangement so this is not a debt missed or anything. Can someone please advise the best approach to have this corrected? Contact my IP? Ask for a notice of correction via my credit report? What's the best option as I have moved on since completion and this is like a dark reminder of my debt past...

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm
Hi,

Write to Eversheds enclosing a copy of your completion letter telling them to remove defaults back to the date of original IVA start. This should clear your report once the six years from the the start of the IVA have gone.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 22, 2016 4:26 pm
They are not defaulting you every month but merely reporting the account as still in default --- makes little difference to your credit score as the IVA itself, even though completed, totally puts the mockers on that. As long as the default is correctly dated on or around the date of the start of your IVA it will all drop off at 6 years, along with the IVA itself.

Have a read here if you wish to get them to mark it as settled in the meantime:

http://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-iva/
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:34 pm
Foggy - RBS are still showing me as 'arrangement to pay' even though my six years were up 2 years ago. I really must get round to writing to them again!!! Didn't bother as I don't need any credit but would like a perfect credit score again!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 22, 2016 4:40 pm
Not come across "arrangement to pay" before, Kallis. All mine just said "default". Since completing a few have marked as settled but a few also still show as open.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:56 pm
It shows up as 'AP' To be fair there have been no reds recently but the old ones are still there and will be for a while. Just needs me to get off my behind and send that letter!
Bob Marley.

running99

Post by running99 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:16 pm
Foggy, yes the default is one month after my IVA started so guess I can live with that. I didnt realise it would just drop off even in default status.

Does that mean anything at all only stays on a credit report for 6 years? So even settled closed, satisfied and defaulted accounts will disappear?

The mistake I have made here was assuming that as the past months continue to show default the 6 year start date was being reset each time so I feared I still had 6 years to wait even from now, which is clearly wrong.

One other related question. In terms of rebuilding my rating is there any way to get my score to go up until the IVA and this default drops off? eg if I took out a vanquis CC or something and just paid it off each month is that in reality a waste of time until all the bad stuff is plus 6 years and therefore dropped off?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:21 pm
The default should drop off and your record be clear. If it is still showing then write to them.

You can get a credit card such as Capital One, make sure your bank account mortgage (if you have one), mobile phone contracts are all up to date and this will all help.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 22, 2016 5:28 pm
A Vanquis reporting green ticks is all good as it gives you a history, as do mobile phone contracts and some bank accounts (co-op give me two green ticks every month )

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:46 pm
Lucky you getting two ticks!!!! I have two bank accounts, mortgage, mobile contract and a Studio Cards account which is paid off immediately if I order anything.
Bob Marley.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”