DRO advice please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Kerry.30

Post by Kerry.30 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 am
I am looking into getting a dro and I meet criteria however even after u pay 90.00 fee it not guaranteed. I opened nationwide flexbasic but as the nearest branch isn't near me I applied for halifax account that night online and they offered me 400 overdraft. I have just opened got card 3 days ago and have spent money out of overdraft to get me by as I'm single mother. Would this be a reason to be turned down for dro by practitioner when I have accepted credit and already in debt. I only read about dro today but thinking they might say why have have I got more debt prior to dro. I'm thinking if could get money to settle overdraft rather than being refused dro? Any advice would be great please

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am
Hi and welcome,

If you meet the criteria then you should not be turned down. You can speak to CAB about this or speak to Viki Warbrooke who works for Vincent Bond (details for them under the expert link on the left hand side of the page) and she will give you some free advice and hopefully help you out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”