Credit Report after IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

missyp

Post by missyp » Sat May 28, 2016 7:55 am
Six years ago today I went on the insolvency register as my IVA was approved.

I completed in Oct 2013 and was issued my Completion Certificate.

I was advised that after 6 years the defaulted accounts should fall off as they were completed.

I've checked my report today, although my score is now 791 - woohoo not been that for years, Vanquish and one of the loan companies still show unpaid balances and were logged as recent as this month.

Anyone know what I should do? These accounts were written into my IVA so not sure why they're still showing outstanding balances.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:03 am
Hi,

Write to those creditors enclosing a copy of your completion letter and tell them to remove any balances etc back to the beginning of the IVA and they should do that within 28 days.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

missyp

Post by missyp » Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 am
Thanks Kallis.

I've just rang the one which related to my old Northern Rock loan and they tell me that it goes on the default date, which is 16 June 2010, not the date of my insolvency. They advised me it should drop off my credit record after the 16 June and will no longer be visible.

I guess this relates to all the others too, but some of them have different default dates and satisfied dates.

I reckon if I give it will the end of July all should have dropped off by then.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:25 am
Hopefully it will - keep us posted.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Piglet71

Post by Piglet71 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:24 pm
I've got two debts on my report that show a default date a week later than my iva start date so i'd be interested to know if yours do drop off ok, which they should do. Let us know how you get on.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:28 pm
Fingers crossed missyp!
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:02 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by missyp

Thanks Kallis.

I've just rang the one which related to my old Northern Rock loan and they tell me that it goes on the default date, which is 16 June 2010, not the date of my insolvency. They advised me it should drop off my credit record after the 16 June and will no longer be visible.

I guess this relates to all the others too, but some of them have different default dates and satisfied dates.

I reckon if I give it will the end of July all should have dropped off by then.
The default date should be the date "relations break down between debtor and creditor" --- this is generally considered to be the date of insolvency ( but can be earlier ). Defaults should be dated on or before the IVA start date. Some are dated around that date and it isn't worth quibbling over a few weeks.

Have a read here:

http://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-iva/
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”