Getting stressed about length of time it is taking to prepare for creditors agreement meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Angelad0281

Post by Angelad0281 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:38 pm
me and my wife enq april about debt remedies ,we handed in all our paperwork needed for a iva proposal end april ,no probs ,its took nearly 5 weeks to draught it ,now we have received it ,its got slight errors ,in which 100% there fault ,so we contacted them our ip think is always busy ,so it could be another week are so before its finally presented to the creditors ,and also one of our creditors ,is now down as max recovery ,of which we have not fallen behind on payment ,so in total its going into nearly 7 weeks ,is this right ,getting stressed

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:50 pm
Hi and welcome,

Sorry to hear of your problems - you do need to make sure everything is ok. Which company are you going with?

If you are not happy then please speak to one or two other companies. Andy Davie/Vincent Bond (details on the left hand side of the page under the expert link) for some free advice and hopefully get some help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 am
8 weeks would be an expected timescale -- often 8 to 12 is quoted.

Might I ask who you are going with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:53 am
Hi, I first sought advice about my IVA in October and my creditors meeting was in February, a slow process but one my IP had to get right as mine wasn't a straightforward proposal.

I remember the stress well, but hopefully that will all be behind you very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:26 am
I can't comment on the 7 weeks as it depends how much of that time was delayed by you in giving the Nominee all the paperwork and information they needed.

Once you gave them all the final information how long did it take before they gave you the first draft?

Max Recovery have to be included in the proposal, regardless of whether you are in arrears as the IVA has to include all of your creditors.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”