I'm getting a promotion. Will allowance be made for extra travelling expenses ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Rebecca.h

Post by Rebecca.h » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:55 pm
I am in an IVA and have just found out I'm getting a promotion at work which will include a pay rise and car allowance due to the miles I currently travel. I know that a payrise will have to be assessed in relation to I&E but I'm also travelling further to spending more on fuel, will they make allowances for this & will they also take my car allowance into the equation?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:53 am
Hi and welcome. Ask for a review of your income and expenditure and due to travelling further this amount should increase as will you declaration to your income but often one offsets the others increase.

Well done on the promotion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 am
Yes they should consider the net increase only when considering asking you to increase your contributions.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Rebecca.h

Post by Rebecca.h » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am
Thank you all for coming back to me. I'm still trying to find my feet with the IVA to be honest, the lady that looked after me before it went through was amazing but the assistant (because I never deal with my actual IP) I've had since it's gone through isn't the friendliest or most helpful.
My car I have at the moment was included within my IVA, realistically if getting a car allowance, work expect us to have a vehicle that meets certain criteria i.e. age, carbon emissions, etc. Is there any way of me changing my vehicle whilst I'm in the IVA or do I have to keep my current vehicle as in effect it's not actually paid for. I've got another 4 1/2 years ahead of me before I'm debt free and would like to keep it as simple and pain free as possible but also making sure I've got a reliable vehicle and not get grief at work.
All advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”