Hi, just an update

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
49 posts Page 1 of 4

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 pm
Hi, well we are on our way to offering our full and final
Courier has scanned all our ur paperwork over to aperture about a minute ago and then we have a telephone meeting next Thursday and then the creditors meeting will be set seems to be happening quite fast from what aperture previously said to me. Yay

We've been told apparently we have been under spending on our I&e form so we don't actually have any surplus income according to aperture so we will see the outcome of it all,although I am abit worried about them seeing his wage slips especially in April as the bank holidays and a couple of days overtime really did look like it bumped up our income....I think i worry too much as we've followed the guidelines of 10/50/50 like we was told to do from cleardebt but it seems I'm just a full time worrier haha

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:33 pm
Good news Starry - once you've had your telephone meeting (must admit I never had one of those, it was all dealt with via mail but then I was with Payplan so it may be different)

Hopefully the meeting will be set up within 28 days which I think is the norm.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:53 pm
Thanks Kallis I hope they hold the creditors meeting before 28 days but that's just wishful thinking as we know it won't be haha, but it takes it up to the last day of the school year so hopefully we will know for the 6 weeks holidays the outcome and then we can move on and just wait for our cc....i think we had a phone meeting to set up our iva with cleardebt I can remember us both having to be at home and my mobile was on loud speaker maybe it's just an easier or quicker way of doing things who knows.

So fingers crossed our offers accepted and thank you for all the helpful info and support you have all given me, will update again when I know more. Thank you

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:02 pm
I had a telephone meeting initially. Hoping you get that all important meeting date soon and I wish you well with your full and final offer.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm
Hope so too Lesley. Thank you

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:36 pm
You're welcome and do keep us updated please.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 pm
Hi, just had our phone meeting and it went really well was nothing on our expenditure form that the creditors could make us spend less on so the only thing now is to wait for the proposal that has to be drafted but hopefully should not take too long.

The only thing we was not sure about was how the £4k was going to be split between us as I've had ppi and I've paid little extra in than my partner has my payments were more for the 1st 7'months but he said he would take a look at our dividends and see how it should be split as we both want them to end together so want the best possible use of the money so it's up to aperture to do their thing now.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 pm
Fingers crossed that it goes ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:25 pm
Thank you kallis, we've got everything crossed he didn't seem doubtful though quite the opposite so now for the waiting game

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:57 pm
Best of luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:01 pm
Hi guys just a quick question...we had our phone appointment on the 23rd June how long till we should receive our proposals to sign it's only been 12days since but I'm not too clear on how long it should all take all I know is it's 28 days for creditors meeting as stated in our contracts but when does the 28 days start from the day we sign them and they receive it I've no idea seems like it's been weeks haha....I've already cancelled our standing order for this month and next month was hoping it may not run into August

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:02 am
Should be any time now really, but some firms take longer than others. No harm in dropping a quick email to ask.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 am
Hi Starry I'm afraid only your IP firm can tell you how long they are going to take to produce your draft proposals for approval so give them a quick call for an update.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am
Hi Foggy and Lisa thanks for your replies I'll send an email and ask I just wasn't sure if the 28 days started when we had our phone call or when proposals were signed but I'll ask the variations team no point trying to speak to our ip I've asked several times since we moved companies in feb/match and I never get anywhere close to speaking to him.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:24 am
We're with Payplan so most likely completely different timescales to your IP's but here's our timescale : Phone meeting 14th Apr, provided further info to variation team 24th May, Proposal rec'd Sat 2nd July and confirmation y'day of meeting 16th August!4 months!But they have been thorough and helpful through out. Just another 6 weeks to wait for the outcome!
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017
49 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”