Paying off my IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Kirsty.01

Post by Kirsty.01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 am
I need to send statements to the IVA and the statements show payments being made to a credit card. If these are showing on the statement will I be able to pay off my IVA. If I have a higher disposable income will this effect paying the IVA off ? E

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 am
Hi and welcome,

If you are in an IVA you should not have a credit card - why have you felt the need to do this.

You will probably make higher payments if your income is higher but your IVA won't conclude early unless you can pay off your total debts in full plus fees and possibly statutory interest.

You may find yourself in trouble with the credit.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:36 pm
Sorry I don't wquite understand.

Are you already in an IVA?

If so the credit card debt should have been included in the IVA so why have you continued paying it?

If not then I don't see why there is an issue in providing the statements?

Can you clarify a little please.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Kirsty.01

Post by Kirsty.01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Hi and welcome,

If you are in an IVA you should not have a credit card - why have you felt the need to do this.

You will probably make higher payments if your income is higher but your IVA won't conclude early unless you can pay off your total debts in full plus fees and possibly statutory interest.

You may find yourself in trouble with the credit.

Kirsty.01

Post by Kirsty.01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:31 pm
I felt the 'need' to use a credit card as nine days after my first child was born my Father died. He didn't have any money, left no will and I wanted to bury him!

Maybe you should address your opinion forming tone prior to posting replies.

I was upset when I wrote my email and appreciate I probably didn't provide enough information in order for someone to send a helpful response. Lesson learned, I will ask no more.

All the best

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:38 pm
Kirsty - when in an iva the first rule is that credit is not allowed.

No opinion was expressed about individual circumstances.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Kirsty.01

Post by Kirsty.01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:51 pm
Not technically true.... "you must not obtain any further credit greater than £500 without the prior written approval of your supervisor". I didn't mention the balance nor the fact it was paid and cancelled - I didn't get the chance.

Thanks for the reply, but its all in hand.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:31 am
I can only say I hope you get it all resolved and it works out.

The circumstances you faced were exceptional and you had to make decisions that met your situation and in a timescale that would have been too quick for most iva companies to respond to.

I'm aware of the £500 rule - a lot will now come down to how it is interperted by your iva company when you provide bank statements.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:37 am
Hi,

Apologies if I upset you but if you had explained this in your original post then I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

I'm sorry to hear about your father.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kirsty.01

Post by Kirsty.01 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:39 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Hi,

Apologies if I upset you but if you had explained this in your original post then I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

I'm sorry to hear about your father.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”