Valuation Process

5 posts Page 1 of 1

ES17K

Post by ES17K » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 pm
Hello does anyone know if your IVA provicer checks with the valuation provided with the estate agent carrying out the valuation. I have a verbal valuation and the agent left the sheet without the value written on it. We did agree verbal but they left saying once you decide when you want to sell we can put the value in. if I put the value in and submitted would my provider confirm with the Estate Agent. The value discussed was in my favour.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 pm
Hi and welcome,

Speak to the estate agent and ask for the valuation in writing. You can tell them why you want it or you can try another local agent.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:16 pm
They might check if it looks suspect. In any event, most will want a couple of valuations. If it is going to come in, in your favour and save 12 months payments, it is worth shelling out £100 on a RICS qualified surveyor. Some firms allow this to be paid out of the IVA pot.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

ES17K

Post by ES17K » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:23 pm
.thank you for the helpful advice, I have another agent booked so will ask for a complete written valuation, thanks guys. Wish me luck, end of IVA on the horizon, hopefully. It's been a long 5 years

uote]Originally posted by Foggy

They might check if it looks suspect. In any event, most will want a couple of valuations. If it is going to come in, in your favour and save 12 months payments, it is worth shelling out £100 on a RICS qualified surveyor. Some firms allow this to be paid out of the IVA pot.
[/quote]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:50 pm
Some estate agents will provide it for free if you say it is for a forced sale. Mine did.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”