Can we obtain credit to fund a deposit and pay it off with husband's impending bonus ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jessica.c

Post by Jessica.c » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am
We are three years into our IVA payments. We are in private rented accommodation and our contract in our current property is nearly at an end. We have three children and need more space - we've found a house which would be massively suitable. My husband is due a bonus next month (not much but enough to cover moving costs etc) but until then, we don't have the funds to put down a holding deposit on the new house. My question is, can we obtain credit in the meantime to fund the deposit then for us to pay it off immediately as and when my husbands bonus comes through? It's the last thing I want to do but we have been waiting to move for over a year and we would like to see if it's possible.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:17 am
Hi and welcome,

You are unlikely to be able to obtain credit whilst you are still in an IVA.

If you are looking at renting still then a private landlord is usually better as they don't tend to credit check.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:50 am
You will not obtain credit from a reputable source whilst in the IVA ---- you would also need your IP's permission if you could.

Remember that 50% of the bonus is due to be paid into the IVA as well.

You might be able to get an agreed payment break to save up a deposit -- this will be added back on the end of the IVA term.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MG12

Post by MG12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 am
Can you ask IP for payment break?

Are you due deposit back from current landlord?

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:41 pm
You are unlikely to get credit as you are in an IVA.

If you can you will need to get your IPs permission.

The bonus, or part of it is probably due into the IVA estate in any event.

Sorry!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”