bank wont give cash back??

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:51 pm
My work has paid my last months salary into an account that is in my IVA, I have finished my IVA this month after five years but work said they have not been able to get the money back and want me to contact my old bank and see what I can do. I have done my best to keep my IVA out of the public domain and am bothered if this gets out of hand my work will know of my IVA which could really mess up my suggested promotion at work. Can my old bank refuse to return the money to my employer? Can't they just recall the payment as miss sent or something.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:53 pm
Hi, I'm not sure on this one, but as you suggest, maybe they can recall the money. Hang in there for other replies as hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

I assume the other months have been going in to your current account and this is an error on their part?

Ideally the payment would bounce back to them, but not sure how it works.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:55 pm
For the last five years my salary has gone to my new account, this was an account depth cockup. But the ramifications are bothering me.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:59 pm
In my opinion its their error and they should try and recall this money. I do understand however, how you don't want to tell them too much or them find out.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:12 pm
I have a dear friend with her own HR business and I took the liberty of asking her for advice, if you want to email her direct you can have her email but we will have to swap via admin - her reply is as follows

As the person has proof that they have changed bank accounts for salary purposes ( previous salary has been paid in to new account), then the fault and responsibility lies with the employer. The poster needs to insist they pay him/ her what they are due and the employer has to chase the incorrect payment. The poster does not need to explain why the account is dormant and it would be a breach of data protection for the bank to disclose the IVA. Tell the poster to send a strong worded email demanding salary owed within 5 working days, I'm happy to help off forum if they want to email me (ask admin to put us in contact and I will give you her email address).

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:27 pm
Thanks Lesley for the help. My company has paid me again but my problem is the issue of the cormpany getting the money back without getting my IVA become known.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 am
Sorry Chris, I misunderstood. As friend says though you are under no obligation to state why you closed the account and data protection should protect you from the bank disclosing this.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:00 am
Plenty of people open new accounts and the banks even pay you to switch. Your IVA should never be disclosed and if your IP is informed he/she should confirm to the bank that they have no interest in the money.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:29 pm
Should be no problem for your company to get the money back from the incorrect account.

But it is their problem not yours.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”