We had our IVA with NTF. Heard nothing from them but they won't release us.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Cj.76

Post by Cj.76 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:56 am
We had our iva with ntf never missed a payment (although payed agreed reduced payments) 6 months before final payment they wanted to extend our payments for another year and increase the payments by this time we had payed over £30,000 ( including ppi payments)our debt was just over £30,000 in the very beginning not including ntf fees we had also payed £10,000 to a debt management company who ntf got our details from to contact us but no one knows where that money's gone although I have bank statements to prove this. We failed our iva 6 months before the end as they wanted us to pay nearly £10,000 more, we did this 7 months ago signed forms at this time to agree to any outstanding ppi to be paid to them ,but still heard nothing we can't pay any money to our debtors as ntf haven't released us from the iva and are still holding onto funds so don't know how much we owe to each individual company. Ntf won't release us until they know we have no ppi outstanding but we've heard nothing form them and it's a company that ntf gave our details to ( the previous ppi I claimed myself but paid directly to ntf) my worry is are ntf still drawing money from the funds held for themselves, any advise greatly received.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:06 am
I am confused. You state that the IVA was failed six months before the end but it is still open for PPI purposes. If the IVA has not been failed then you need to speak with the IP in charge and see if it can be saved even at this late stage. I suggest you speak with the IP at NTF for clarification.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:06 am
Hi, welcome.

Have you checked the insolvency register, are you still visible on there and is the IVA showing as active. Usually after 3 missed payments I believe the IVA has failed.

Lisa, a forum expert will hopefully be along soon and reply to you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Cj.76

Post by Cj.76 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:56 am
They've held a final meeting and our creditors agree to the termination subject to all ppi being looked into, we are still active on the iva register, just spoken to ntf ( always very helpful) and they are going to send an email to ppi company, the reason we failed the iva is because they wanted it to continue for another 18 months and double to payments for the last year where if we pay our creditors direct it's more then half that amount ( even though we've paid all that is owing £30000 their fees obviously have had to come out if it)

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:57 am
sorry to hear your IVA has failed.

Why was there an extension proposed - was this due to equity in the property and a further 12 months needed?

You will still be active on the register up to 3 months after your CC has been issued.

If you cant or wont resurrect this then you will need to consider how you wish to deal with your debts now that the IVA is in the process of being terminated.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”