I think a want an IVA but my wife must not be involved. Is this possible ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Iandr91

Post by Iandr91 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:23 pm
My wife has said she will not pay towards this debt because it was well before our relationship started .which is true..I do pay all the normal house hold bill's we are both low earners I do pay my debts through a plan but at 65 I think I want a iva now..but my wife must not be involved.is this posible or not ?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:45 pm
Hi and welcome,

Your wife will only be involved in as much as she will be expected to contribute to the household expenses.

Which company are you with and what are your total debts?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:56 pm
Your IP will want to see a full domestic income and expenditure account for the household to ensure it is affordable and also that you are paying your fair share of the bills. Other than that your wife will have nothing to do with the IVA.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:58 pm
I agree with the above comments. You wife's income will only be used to calculate her share of household bills. She is free to withhold her financial details and the IP will assume a 50/50 split. Unless you go to Payplan -- they calculate using HOUSEHOLD income, which will create the situation you specifically wish to avoid.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”