I committed a fraud with mortgage application. Some advice and help would be great.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

John.09

Post by John.09 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:27 am
Hi guys

I wanted to ask a question, in my twenties I was known in Northern Ireland as a hood,

I got a mortgage through northern rock but I used my dads info and income as a joint customer, I signed his name to the mortgage.. Although my mortgage broker was fully aware of this and he said to do it anyway,

The mortgage is soon to run out and my dad still mows nothing about this, I have rang nram hundreds of times to try and get this solved.. To date they haven't been able to help with anything,

I am going to ring them and tell them that I committed fraud with application..

Will my dad still be liable for the even tho I committed fraud and he knew nothing about this,

I have turned my life around, got a great job, cleared all my debts but this is the last one I have left,

Some help and advice would great.. Thanks so much in advance

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 am
I think you need to have a serious talk with you Dad.

There was recent article similar to this, which indicated you Dad would have to agreed and engage with the mortgage company - even if that means fraud changes being raised against you, to prevent himself being held liable for the debt.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:38 am
Hi and welcome. Not a mortgage expert myself or a law expert but do know we have mortgage experts on board the forum. Not sure what a hood is either??

Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you the advice you're looking for.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:55 am
john.09 - fair dues for turning your life around. Like the others I think the first step lies with your Dad and the way that he would want o progress it.

Lesley - see http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=UTH

The phrasing is not mine and no offence is intended.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 am
LNE - OH! had no idea -
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:06 am
Hi John. What do you mean by "the mortgage is about to run out" ? Is it coming to the end of the agreed fixed rate or will it be paid up ?

NRAM have lost interest in the mortgage business and seem to be reflecting this in their customer service.

As said above, have a heart to heart with your dad -- you might have to wait a while til he calms down afterward --- and decide the way forward between you.

I can't condone what you did in the past, but it would be a shame to see it undo the hard work you have put in since.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:09 am
NRAM have been taken over and accounts transferred. Your mortgage will continue as it is. The fraud issue is one for you to resolve!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:38 am
What happened to the property? You say the mortgage is about to run out - do you mean the rate/product or it's about to be paid off?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”